Neighbors in the Strip is happy to announce that we’re hiring a dynamic Executive Director to help our volunteer board to promote the Strip District and work with our members, community partners, political partners and others to help make the Strip District even better.
See the information below and please share our announcement with qualified candidates.
Neighbors in the Strip serves Pittsburgh’s most iconic neighborhoods, by representing the interests of community stakeholders including property owners, businesses, workers and visitors. Neighbors is seeking to hire an Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Neighbors in the Strip. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Neighbors in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Neighbors, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Neighbors’ mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of all programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Neighbors’ image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of Neighbors operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Minimum of a four-year undergraduate degree with preferably five years of senior management experience in community development and organization
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high performance teams
- Transparent and high integrity leadership experience
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member’s relationships
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Neighbors’ strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the tri-state area and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of Neighbors throughout the region and beyond
- Work collaboratively with other neighborhood organizations to maximize joint neighborhood interests
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently (multi-tasking)
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health benefits and PTO.
Cover letters and resumes, inclusive of salary expectations should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org. No submissions accepted after April 17, 2016.